Royal Zambezi Lodge
Royal Zambezi Lodge, a spacious but intimate privately owned lodge, situated in Zambia on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River just minutes from the Lower Zambezi National Park and directly opposite Zimbabwe’s famous Mana Pools World Heritage Site.
Royal Zambezi Lodge Overview
Royal Zambezi Lodge, a spacious but intimate privately owned lodge, situated in Zambia on the banks of the mighty Zambezi River just minutes from the Lower Zambezi National Park and directly opposite Zimbabwe’s famous Mana Pools World Heritage Site. Royal offers the ultimate in luxury and cuisine while enjoying and participating closely in the sights and sounds of the African wilderness.
Royal provides the perfect romantic setting for honeymoon couples, while its customised family suite works perfectly for family holidays. There is lots of space for all to enjoy their unique stay. The central building and individual private suites are designed to let nature play a leading role in ensuring the relaxed pace and magical experiences are enjoyed by guests.
Royal Zambezi Lodge Rooms
The 15 airy canopied canvas tents nestle under mature trees, and each is positioned for maximum enjoyment of the surrounding views and complete privacy. The tents are impeccably finished with a contemporary, understated elegance. Natural tones, luxurious textures and comfortable armchairs create a secluded retreat. Extra length sprung mattresses with pure cotton linen and fine down pillows ensure a perfect night’s rest.
|ADULT SHARING||ADULT SINGLE||CHILDREN U12|
1 Jan-31 May / Dec 2021
|ADULT SHARING||ADULT SINGLE||CHILDREN U12|
|HIGH SEASON 2021|
1Jun – 31 Nov 2021
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
• Our rates are per person per night unless we note differently
• All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
• Our best rates for accommodation are available in our customized packages
Royal Zambezi Lodge Inclusions
• All meals, soft drinks, house wines, local beers & non premium drinks
• Two activities per day
• Private Guiding/Vehicle/Boat for all guests paying international RACK rates
• WiFi – We use Bush/Satelite WiFi-fi so please manage your guests expectations in this regard
• Transfers to and from Royal airstrip
• VAT 16%
• RZL airstrip passenger access fees
Royal Zambezi Lodge Exclusions
• National Park Entry Fees: $50 pp/per day – covers park entry, game drives, walking safaris, canoeing and fishing as applicable
• Champagne & premium wine & spirits, imported beers – various prices
• Fly Fishing – FOC for up to 2 pax, thereafter $50 per person per day due to the use of an extra boat (Max 2 pax per boat for fly fishing)
• Cultural Village Visit – $50 per person
• Late check out fee – $150 per person to cover lunch, extra activity. Use of room is not included
• Departure Tax at Livingstone and Lusaka Airports – $16 pp/per departure payable directly by guest/s at relevant airports.
• Safety Tax: $5 pp/per departure. This fee will be added to charter quotes/invoices and collected by relevant charter company
Royal Zambezi Lodge Facilities
Royal Zambezi Lodge Activities
chose the location of the Royal Zambezi Lodge particularly for the wide variety of activities available due to the river, the bush and the mountains. Accompanied by our qualified and enthusiastic guides with over 50 years of experience guiding in the Lower Zambezi National Park our guests can explore a range of activities from game viewing and fishing, to sunset river safaris, guided canoeing trips, and cultural village tours.
The best way to see and photograph the predators, large herds of elephant and buffalo is on a game drive in one of our open vehicles. You can go early in the morning, the afternoon and if you can stay up, a late night drive using spotlights!
The Lower Zambezi offers one of the finest fresh water angling experiences in the world. You can try your hand at Chessa, Nkupe, Bream, Vundu, Barbel and of course the famous Tiger fish! Our knowledgeable boatmen know the good spots.
Cruise down the Zambezi spotting game as you go, a perfect way to end a day in the bush having sundowners on the water!
Let the knowledgeable guides guide you through the bush on foot, you will focus on vegetation, birds, tracks, insects, butterflies and more.
With the mountain backdrop to the Lower Zambezi National Park a variety of walks and climbs can be arranged with our guides – some which will put you to the test and others which will simply provide mild exercise.
Quietly drifting with no engine is surely the best way to get up close to the animals and the bird life. This gives a whole different perspective to the African safari. It’s mostly downstream so the paddling is very relaxed.
Cultural Village Tour
Visitors to Chiawa Cultural Village will be able to experience the rich heritage of the Goba community, how the Goba live in the Lower Zambezi, performance arts, Zambian cuisine and more.
The concept of DNA (doing nothing at all!) is essentially to stay in camp, spend time relaxing by the main pool, bar or in the library, making the most of the spa, or simply enjoying your suite.