Rattray’s on Mala Mala
Sable Camp is a more intimate version of the Main Camp and the choice for those seeking a more private and intimate safari. Situated at the southern end of the MalaMala Camp in a prime elevated position overlooking the Sand River and surrounding bushveld
Rattray’s on MalaMala Overview
Tucked away in a forest of green, on the banks of the world renowned Sand River, lies a special place. Rattray’s on MalaMala offers an intimate glimpse of an era long lost, when travellers from afar married the magic of the African bush with elegance and refinement. Combining humble opulence and romantic exclusivity with unrivalled game viewing, Rattray’s on MalaMala is the premier safari destination for those seeking to experience the wild heart of Africa.
Upon arrival, guests are greeted by the collective smile of our passionate and professional team who are devoted to ensuring that our visitors cherish every moment of their time with us.
Each luxurious freestanding and spacious Khaya (Zulu word for ‘home’) offers an atmosphere of lush seclusion and boasts spectacular views of the Sand River where wildlife of all shapes and sizes can be viewed whilst taking a dip in the private plunge pool, cooling off in the outdoor shower or enjoying a massage on the deck.
The camp offers, amongst other things, a gym, an infinity swimming pool, a steam room and a massage service.
At Rattray’s on MalaMala, wildlife safaris are our number one priority. A maximum of only four guests per safari vehicle is allowed and a flexible operation ensures your adventures into the bush will be intimate and unforgettable. An experienced and proficient ranger will serve as a guide and host, offering a level of service second to none.
Sumptuous meals can be enjoyed in a variety of locations including in the privacy and comfort of your Khaya, or even experience a delicious bush breakfast.
Rattray’s on MalaMala Rooms
8 luxury suites (Khayas) for a maximum of 16 guests. No triple sharing.
Suites – 128m2
Pool Deck – 51m2
Pool – 6m2
Verandah – 84m2
|ADULT SHARING||ADULT SINGLE||CHILDREN|
1 Jan – 31 Dec
Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
• Our rates are per person per night unless we note differently
• All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
• Our best rates for accommodation are available in our customized packages
• Children Under 12 are not permitted
Rattray’s on MalaMala Inclusions
• Air-conditioned, en-suite accommodation
• All meals and snacks
• Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger
• Nature walks
• Transfers to and from the MalaMala Game Reserve airstrip
• Laundry – maximum 10 items per room per day (minimum 2 nights)
Rattray’s on MalaMala Exclusions
• Bar purchases
• Premium alcohol brands
• Telecommunication costs
• Airport transfers (except for MalaMala airstrip to the MalaMala Game Reserve camps)
• Transfers to/ from any other camps (excluding MalaMala Game Reserve camps)
• Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fee if travelling by road.
• US$ 12.50 per person per day community levy
MalaMala Sable Camp Amenities
• Private verandah with grand river views
• Indigenous private garden – a haven for the birds
• “His” and “hers” bathrooms featuring a ball and claw footed bath and double shower
• Outdoor shower for a nature experience with a difference
• Private plunge pool built into the verandah
• Outdoor and indoor dining area for intimate in-room dining
• 24-hour temperature control – air-conditioning, heating and overhead fans
• Direct dial telephones
• A mini-bar
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• A mini-safe
• Optional satellite television and DVD player
Rattray’s on MalaMala Facilities
• A beautifully appointed library containing rare African books and magnificent works of art
• An elegant, African themed air-conditioned dining room
• A historic bar featuring photographs of the early days of this unique area and its pioneers
• A large wooden safari deck where meals are served – and an awesome game viewing experience in itself
• A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
• A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
• A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multigym machine, sit up benches, free weights, mats and a steam room
• A massage service is available on request
• Mobile Phone coverage and Wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game
Rattray’s on MalaMala Activities
• Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger.
• Nature walks