Great Whites & Great Wines – Shark Cage Diving & Wine Tasting
Experience the excitement of South Africa while you encounter the ultimate underwater predator, the great white shark. This shark cage diving adventure is exciting and informative as you come face to fin with the shark in its natural habitat. Once everyone has had a go you’ll head back to HQ and hop into a hot shower and continental breakfast before departing to nearby Stanford, the Hemel en Aarde Valley or Bot River for a lazy afternoon of wine tasting and lunch.
Great Whites & Great Wines – Shark Cage Diving & Wine Tasting Overview
Your private driver guide will collect you from your accommodation in Cape Town and you’ll head straight through to Gansbaai, known by many as Great White Shark capital of the world. When you get to Gansbaai you’ll meet up at shark cage diving HQ for a short safety briefing and an update on the conditions on the water. When everyone is ready you’ll hop on board your vessel for the day for an exhilarating 20-minute boat ride to the waters around the famous Dyer Island. Here you’ll learn about the ‘Marine Big 5’ which includes whales, great white sharks, dolphins, seals, and penguins.
Gansbaai is one of the few places in the world that Great White Sharks can be seen year round but during the summer months the sharks keep close to shore and during winter they move to Shark Alley, a nearby channel created by two islands. Dyer Island, with its endangered African Penguins and migrating bird colonies, and Geyser Rock with its resident colony of 60,000 Cape Fur Seals.
Once you’ve anchored you’ll get another short briefing and then take your turn to slip into the shark cage for an adrenaline-fuelled brush with a great white shark. The experienced crew will be on hand to share their knowledge of the marine world and show you what to do when getting into and out of the cage. This secure metal cage is the closest place in the world where you can safely see these apex predators in their natural environment. Not only will you come back with incredible memories but you will also come away knowing a lot more about sharks and what is being done to aid their conservation.
Once everyone has had a go you’ll head back to HQ for debriefing and breakfast. You can hop into a hot shower and enjoy a continental breakfast before departing to the nearby Stanford region, the Hemel en Aarde Valley or Bot River Valley for a leisurely afternoon of wine tasting and lunch. All three regions offer superb wine tasting and excellent restaurants for those that have built up a hunger after and active and adventurous morning!
Best Views Of The Cape – Cape Point, Peninsula Tour & Tasting Highlights
• Scenic drive to Gansbaai with continental breakfast
• A morning boat trip and marine adventure en route to Dyer Island and diving with sharks in ‘Shark Alley’
• Explore one of the many quaint and picturesque towns or valleys of the region including Stanford, the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley or Bot River (your choice)
• Enjoy a leisurely lunch (for own account) and wine tasting at one of the many world-class wine estates in the area before heading back to Cape Town
• Once everyone has had a go you’ll head back to HQ and hop into a hot shower and continental breakfast before departing to nearby Stanford, the Hemel en Aarde Valley or Bot River for a lazy afternoon of wine tasting and lunch
Shark Cage Diving
Time: TBC (dependant on tide)
Duration: 8 hours (approx)
Shark Cage Diving Included:
• Pickup and drop-off from your accommodation in and around Cape Town or winelands
• Private guide driver
• Shark cage diving
• Continental breakfast
• Snacks on boat and upon return
• Shower facilities
• 1-2 wine tastings (dependant on time)